What information do we collect and how?
- Personal and/or Business information relevant to Submission Guidelines or for contracting with AWP: Individuals interested in submitting files and information for potential Author/Publisher contracts with AWP will have to include more and more personal information through each step of the process.
- Cookies: Cookies are bits of electronic information placed over the Internet onto your computer. A cookie assigns a unique tracking number to each computer accessing our site. Cookies are standard on the Internet and utilized by most Web sites whether you are aware of it or not. However, if you wish, most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
- Data collection and reporting service: We do not utilize or transmit any of your information to data collection or reporting services.
- Server logs: In an effort to make our site as effective as possible, the computers that operate the site may collect certain information each time you visit the site and store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify the specific user, but will give us information regarding the type of user who is accessing the site and certain browsing activities of that user. Information collected in this way includes the IP address of the user accessing our site (i.e. the unique ID number of the user’s computer), the type of browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (system software) used to access our site, the Web site the user last visited before linking to our site, how long the user accessed our site in any given session, and the date and time of access. We may make extensive use of these non-personally identifiable aggregated data in order to understand how our site is being used and will share them with strategic partners, and others in order to develop, promote, and expand our business.
- Children’s privacy and parental controls: Our site is designed for business purposes only.
With whom do we share your information?
Service providers: AWP may use various outside agencies (third party service providers) to make our Web site operate as smoothly as possible. For example, we may use third parties to host our Web site and operate various features made available on our Web site. Some of these third parties may need access to your information in order to make the services provided through our Web site work. Information only will be disclosed to these service providers on a need-to-know basis, and they only will be permitted to use such information for the purpose of providing the particular services provided by such entities in connection with our Website.
What if The Ardent Writer Press, LLC sells some or all of its business or assets?
In the event of any asset sale, merger, or other change in control of AWP business, if the acquiring entity continues to operate a similar business to that operated by AWP, the new operator will obtain the user information maintained by AWP, subject to our Privacy and Security Policy. In the event that the acquiring party will not operate a similar business, or in the event that AWP seeks to sell its user information to a business that is different in nature, AWP will notify its users by e-mail and give them an opportunity to opt out of any user information provided to the acquiring entity.
Is there any other way that user information might be disclosed?
AWP may disclose information in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, administrative or governmental order, or any other requirement of law, or when AWP, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect the safety of any person or the public. Other than as described in this Privacy and Security Policy, we will not share or disclose your information to anyone.
How we protect your information
AWP is committed to protecting the information we receive from you. At the moment AWP is a home publishing business operated solely by the proprietor. However, growth in the future may result in the addition of employees, either full or part time. Only those Employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties will be allowed such access. Any Employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies may be subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Typos and omissions
While AWP tries very hard to ensure the accuracy of the information we provide, we are not responsible for typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or omissions.
Links to third-party sites
This Web site may contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes and are not controlled by AWP, nor is the content monitored by AWP. Connection to any linked site is at your own risk. AWP neither controls nor maintains this information, nor does AWP guarantee or warrant this information or have any liability in the event any information on these pages is incorrect, inaccurate, untimely, or incomplete.
Terms of Service and Changes in policy
You acknowledge that this Privacy and Security Policy is part of the terms of service and you agree that using this site signifies your assent to AWP”s Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree with this Privacy and Security Policy, please do not use our site. AWP reserves the right to change the terms of service, including this Privacy and Security Policy, at any time. We will post any changes so that you are always aware of our Policy.