The Ardent Writer Press is honored to present the republication of Assigned to Adventure by pioneer journalist and broadcaster Irene Corbally Kuhn (1898-1995). (From Wikipedia) Her career spanned seven decades in five continents. She became famous in the ’20s and ’30s by working as a reporter for many newspapers in the United States and China. Mrs. Kuhn was a woman of many “firsts”, among others, she was the first woman to broadcast from the Orient and the first individual to broadcast from a US Navy vessel. In addition to countless columns for numerous newspapers, she also wrote a memoir, a documentary and a screen-play.
The Ardent Writer Press also welcomes accomplished author, poet, and instructor Dr. Heather Corbally Bryant with her creative take on trail-blazing journalist Irene Corbally Kuhn, her grandmother, in You Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper.
Republished by The Ardent Writer Press along with Heather’s Historical Fiction Novel of her grandmother…
Assigned to Adventure by Irene Corbally Kuhn (Release Date – August 15, 2018)
The 21st Century has turned the journalistic world upside down, but the 19th and most of the 20th Century could be defined as the Golden Age of Journalism, a time when reporters were respected, even glamorous. Many went on to more famous careers as authors. Ernest Hemingway. Margaret Mitchell. Charles Dickens. Mark Twain. All started as journalists.
Add to that list Irene Corbally Kuhn. Starting an illustrious career in 1920 she was a ground-breaking journalist working in a male-dominated profession and world. She was a trail blazer because she demonstrated an uncanny ability to write not just stories assumed best written by women, but aggressively looked for those normally held by her male counterparts.
Assigned to Adventure is Irene’s personal story of her career through 1937. Originally published in 1938, this is a republished second edition with a foreword by her granddaughter, Heather Corbally Bryant, a writing lecturer at Wellesley College and an author/poet of her own right. Read it for insight into what it took for a woman to be successful in that era. Read it for fun with the many humorous and engaging stories of Irene’s life as a reporter for world class newspapers such as the New York Daily News, the Paris Tribune, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, the New York World-Telegram and Shanghai’s China Press which then transitioned into a career as a Hollywood screenwriter and radio broadcaster for Metro-Goldyn-Mayer, Paramount, NBC, and CBS.
Through it all, you’ll quickly see that this is a woman for all ages, one to be looked up by the young and old, male or female, dreamers or realists.
You Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper (Release Date – August 15, 2018)
FROM THE AUTHOR
Amazon Sales Pages for Assigned to Adventure andYou Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of Assigned to Adventure is HERE.A
- The link to Amazon for the hardback version of Assigned to Adventure is HERE.A
- The link to Amazon for the Kindle version of Assigned to Adventure is HERE.A
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of You Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper is HERE.
- The link to Amazon for the hardback version of You Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper is HERE.
- The link to Amazon for the Kindle version of You Can’t Wrap Fire in Paper is HERE.
Other Books by Heather Corbally Bryant
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of Eve’s Lament is HERE.
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of How Will the Heart Endure? is HERE.
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of Thunderstorm is HERE.
- The link to Amazon for the paperback version of My Wedding Dress is HERE.